Quark Expeditions spared no expense or effort in developing Quark Expeditions’ S.A.F.E. COVID Policy, which cements our position as the leader in safe polar travel. A key feature of this industry-leading COVID policy is the adoption of breakthrough rapid onsite PCR testing, which is recognized around the world as the gold standard of COVID testing.
This efficient and quick test, plus additional pre-trip screening and onboard precautions that are part of our S.A.F.E. COVID Policy, will enable adventurers to safely explore the wonders of the Arctic.
S.A.F.E. represents our four-component approach that ensures passengers’ health and financial investment are protected in every way before and during their polar expedition. Our S.A.F.E. COVID Policy stands for:
- Science-led Safety Protocols: Onboard health and safety measures include the Gold Standard of rapid Covid-19 testing as well as mandatory vaccinations.
- Anytime Cancellation & Rebooking: guests can rebook their trip for any reason up to 30 days prior to the voyage. No questions asked! (For Antarctica 2021/2022 - all existing and new bookings made by August 31, 2021. For Arctic 2022 - All new bookings made as of May 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021).
- Free from crowds: Visitors to the Polar Regions will enjoy a naturally socially distanced expedition in remote, wide-open spaces that are always crowd-free.
- Experience will not be compromised! Quark Expeditions is known for offering guests extraordinary off-ship excursions. Our guests will continue to have every opportunity to experience the glaciers, fjords, and wildlife from our Zodiacs and during on-shore excursions.
S.A.F.E. COVID Policy: State-of-the-art Testing & Health Protocols
SCIENCE-LED SAFETY PROTOCOLS
This breakthrough PCR testing capability will allow the Quark Expeditions team to:
- Onboard health and safety measures include the Gold Standard of rapid Covid-19 testing as well as mandatory vaccinations.
- Ensure all guests test negative for COVID 19 before boarding our ships
- Receive test results within 60 minutes
- Identify infected individuals, even asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic carriers Carry out onboard testing of passengers and crew to ensure continued peace of mind.
Staff are able to test all passengers within three hours. In addition, Quark Expeditions’ multi-functional task force of physicians and other polar experts conceived our Four Pillars of Health and Safety that will be rigorously followed.
ANYTIME CANCELLATIONS & REBOOKING
This best-in-class cancellation and rebooking policy allows travelers to rebook right up to the day of departure with a money-back guarantee and flexible rebooking options. (For Antarctica 2021/2022 - all existing and new bookings made by August 31, 2021. For Arctic 2022 - All new bookings made as of May 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021).
FREE FROM CROWDS IN THE POLAR REGIONS
Natural social distancing is part of life in the remote, wide-open, sparsely populated Polar Regions—making the Arctic and Antarctic the best places to be at a time when location matters most. Guests can take comfort knowing that for the duration of their expedition, they are only interacting with their fellow pre-screened passengers and Quark Expeditions staff.
EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE COMPROMISED
There’s no sacrificing of onboard amenities or immersive excursions. Compared to other cruise offerings in the industry, a Quark Expeditions voyage is one in which guests will still be able to experience everything they expect of a memorable polar voyage.
Please note that our COVID policies and protocols are subject to change based on updated guidelines, as new information becomes available, and as circumstances of the COVID pandemic arise.
Quark Expeditions has spent the last three decades taking travelers on polar expeditions to remote parts of the Arctic and Antarctic where few other humans have ever set foot. The vessels in Quark Expeditions’ fleet accommodate anywhere from 128 to 199 passengers. Smaller ships can take you to remote areas that large ships simply can’t reach. We know we can give guests the best polar experience on a smaller ship. The perfect polar expedition doesn't just happen. It takes a team of talented, knowledgeable and experienced professionals to bring it all together. Our Expedition Team is comprised of seasoned veterans with rich backgrounds in marine biology, history, glaciology, geology, and more. With the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the industry, our Expedition Teams safely deliver your trip-of-a-lifetime to maximize your polar adventure every step of the way.
Terms & ConditionsFor full details please contact a travel advisor.